Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Scorching, sweltering heat!

All those bright, sunny "summer" days in bangi (and malaysia) and wet, rainy day the next day just made me prone to get cold. And i am having cold now....sigh....well, it is said in our religion that every disease, illness, any pain that we are suffering could actually be a "kifarah", as in small sins cleansing. Of course, my tastebud is reduced, my nose blocked, coughing and sneezing, my eyes are getting a bit puffy and all....sure, all that are a very very normal symptoms of having a normal fever, but it does affect my productivity for the day. I had to blow my nose, panting for some air....and well, cant help but living my mouth gaping coz i cant breathe easily through my nostrils.

All that plus walking under blazing sunshine makes me feel grateful that the buildings in malaysia are equipped with airconditioning including mai maison. ON top of this sweltering heat felt by the malaysian, our house, especially in our bedrooms are swarmed by this infamous tropical pest: mosquitos! NOT even that supposedly "effective" mosquito electric vapour repellent can ward off those seemingly perky and plucky litte flying, bloodsucking insects. They weren't that tough to get rid of during the 1st 4-5 months of the year. And by the end of june and onwards, these insects have gained some "extra" immunition power against my vapour repellent that i had to spray my bedroom with a Shieldtox spray and and leave the room closed for 5-10mins, until those pungent aerosol smells vanish.

Speaking of insect repellent sprays, this Shieldtox special spray for cockroaches has live up to its claims on instantly killing those creepy smelly ugly crawlers. I have tested it and it works! FYI, i memang geli dengan those big flying insects like cockroaches and wasps. And especially that C ones. I cannot sleep peacefully until i know i have sprayed it dead. I used to squash them using toilet slippers or big brooms but that only creates very gross revolting yucky white things coming out of those roaches' flat bodies. Seriously gross! But to see them happily flying clumsily around my living room while watching my favourite TV program really gets on my nerves. No....i am not scared of them....i cannot stand them at all! Every time i see one flying above my head, i will automatically sprint to a safer spot and then quickly locate that special shieldtox spray and voila....RIP u scums!

However, if those cockroaches are in a mating mood, they become very "dangerous". One big, black female roach will do the flying debut while emitting some nasty smell, which actually is an act of sending some signals (like pheromones in mammals) that she is ready to copulate. Soon after that, a flatter, lighter brown, longbodied male roach will appear from nowhere and starts showing his flying prowess to his female counterpart. Unfortunately all that love scenes only send me and my sisters scurrying and scampering and screaming. We normally hide behind any of the nearest bedroom for a while before attempting to open the door hastily but on wide alert (from any possible ambushes of these insects). Then of course, either my dad will bunuh them 1st or halau them away from our views. Due to some sort of an auto-phobic act, my sisters and i are actually drenched in those fear-sweat. Is this a laughing matter? well, i have actually seen much worse act than us....especially in a house full of female occupiers or a female dormitory. I could hear some very loud hysterical screams just because one pathetic creepy insect made his appearance, and practising its odd flying skills. Damn, this is no way a laughing matter....this insect can go up to 5.0cm long and 2.0 to 3.0cm wide!!!

Thats....thats all about my rants while having cold for today.

Good thing i have enough tissue paper supplies to last till, well, hopefully, i am back to normal.

7 comments:

pugly said...

Ugh! I hate cockroaches! Especially those smelly, flying ones!

And it's unnerving how they always pick the ones who hate them to fly to ... it's like they can smell the fear or something ...

ManaL said...

And the way they fly towards us, with those creepy six-legs and ugly wings....

Malaysian roaches eh...

ManaL said...

TTG, yup it doesnt work here. But good thing is we can still get free medicines from our panel clinic and my universiy's own health centre. Alhamdulillah tinggal serak2 and selsema sikit2 :-)

ubisetela said...

get well soon.

I can stand other creepy crawlies but roaches tops my hate list! Thank God I dont have to deal with them here.

ManaL said...

Ubi,

NZ roaches-free zone as the weather and the groud is not suitable for roaches breeding. Lucky you!

The Pisces Man said...

Some countries are still experiencing dry spell. Talk about 'panas dunia'!.

ManaL said...

abdun,

So they say: "some like it hot" :-D

I'm just a mere mortal, and so my body has limits to extreme temperature conditions. I normally perform better at around 10-23degC T scale.