Monday, September 25, 2006

Ramadhan kareem 1427 H

Ramadhan is back and now I am observing it in malaysia once again after almost 5 years of practising the fast and glorifying this month in london.

To be honest with you, this holy month of Ramadhan is the month where i really, really feel like closer to God than the rest of the other months. It is the time when I get to contemplate about so many things in life with respect to my faith. It is when i feel more spiritual, more pure and more decent.

Ever since i took a vow, or almost like a vow back in 2000 that i shall be more serious and more committed when it comes to glorifying the month of ramadhan, alhamdulillah, thank god, it has taken me into different level in terms of the ease and convenience in exercising all the obliged ibadahs. I dunno how to explain it in words...it's just indescribable the feelings i have when Ramadhan has arrived.

The more i learn about myself, the more i know what i've sinned and all, the more i am looking forward to Ramadhan to redeem myself before God. I know that we should stay consistent when it comes to practising the ibadah throughout the year. That should be so true according to the islamic teachings. After all, that is what is demanded from us muslims. However, knowing my weaknesses and etc etc, i feel that it is during Ramadhan that i shall fulfil many of the obligations ever more sincerely. And that is what made me do such vow 6 years ago.

This is the month when I feel more motivated to read the Quran. And inshallah, God's willing, this is also the month that one day I hope to meet my Creator when my time comes.

****************************************

Last night, i saw half of this old movie: Arabesque featuring Gregory Peck and Sophia Loren. I was not really aware of this Gregory Peck fella much until my boyfriend recommended me to watch To Kill A Mocking Bird on his videotape and to read his book of the same title as well somewhere at the end of 2004. Then i remembered him in the original The Omen (1976). Few months ago I saw The Guns of Navarone on the telly and he's the protagonist. Always the good guy in most of his movies, about the same like Cary Grant and Tom Hanks, just to name a few examples of Hollywood's good guys persona on the silver screen.

The more i see Gregory Peck in his movies, the more i adore him. I will post his photos later in my next postings.

No comments: