Friday, February 22, 2008

The Pharaohs won again!

I know citer nih dah agak basi but heck, for the past 2 years i am back in Malaysia, I've had the "privilege" , ok more like the energy and the motivation to watch Live Final African Cup nation match.

And even though I had to stay up till 3.00am on monday early morning , dengan tak tidonya siapkan segala lecture notes most of the day on sunday (10 Feb 2008), I wouldnt wanna miss watching the Pharaohs play against Cameroon and was hoping that they would win it again for the second consecutive time. And man, it was so damn berbaloi! It was only 1-0 win but enough for Essam Al-hadari and the gang to lift the trophy and I got to watch it. Of course la saya sungguh bangga kerana i am half egyptian!



****************************************************************************************




Natural woman (Aretha Franklin)

Looking out on the morning rain
I used to feel so uninspired
And when I knew I had to face another day
Lord, it made me feel so tired
Before the day I met you, life was so unkind
But your love was the key to peace my mind

Cause you make me feel, you make me feel, you make me feel like
A natural woman

When my soul was in the lost-and-found
You came along to claim it
I didn't know just what was wrong with me
Till your kiss helped me name it
Now I'm no longer doubtful of what I'm living for
Cause if I make you happy I don't need no more

Cause you make me feel, you make me feel, you make me feel like
A natural woman

Oh, baby, what you've done to me
You make me feel so good inside
And I just want to be next to you
You make me feel so alive
Cause you make me feel, you make me feel, you make me feel like
A natural woman


I dedicate this song to all the women who feels good about themselves married or unmarried, and to the men who gave such an effect into my life. They are very much instrumental in letting me feel like a natural woman.

Hello world, i am single yet selectively available.
***********************************************************************************


Last Monday, 18 February, I sent my car for 20,000 km service despite the fact that i had about 14, 650 km mileage. That 1 and a half year old toyota car of mine takde banyak jalan jauh, mostly rumah-UKM-rumah which is like 12 km pergi-balik. The furthest i ever drove was to Johor and Singapore.

I am considering on going on a driving journey to the east coast la as part of my birthday celebration later this July inshallah. This car of mine, he needs to get out more and more, and discover more places around Malaysia. Seriously it's been a long time since i've graced east coast grounds. And I have never been to any of the beautiful islands there. Perhaps i should drive to Kuala Terengganu and then take a ferry to Perhentian or Redang island. But before that, I had to book the accomodation first be it a package or not.

But then, i have also never been to Sarawak or Sabah at all! I'll see what i can do. If i could get a good air fare to any of the two borneo states, then I might wanna consider going there. However, the thought of driving to the east coast when it is not in the monsoon season really enticing. No matter how conservative those people in tganu and kelantan may be, i know i could get a nice cuci mata cause there are lotta cute looking dudes there. Medium built , or just about my height (5 foot 5) but for cuci mata, it should be fine.

I need to get a pair of new contact lenses too. I love my new glasses, the one i have been wearing since September 2007 but i think i wanna wear the contact lenses alternately...or whenever i feel like wearing. And my cute glasses will always be in my bag, very handy especially when my eyes feel dry and I need to take those contact lenses off.

************************************************************************************

I am registered as a voter kawasan sek-1 bandar baru bangi. Its gonna be my 1st time ever to vote this coming 8 March 2008.

***********************************************************************************

Sangat la merapu this entry....but yeah, if ever, i am so glad and thankful to Allah that i have such a wonderful guardian angel, and God i know I have been naughty and all, but you are forever in my thought!

*************************************************************************************

Did i say i love sexy, fast cars? Dan oleh kerana Makji Esah has called me the Minah Rempit, I dare say that one of the things that really turns me on is beautiful sexy cars. I used to fall for big bikes, yet now i only save my feelings for cars (and some jet fighters too). I reckon i could get all high and orgasmic driving a really cool car, feeling its comfie seats while i am driving doesnt matter in heels or not, and feel myself one with the car. No need some hunky manly man (Leen's fav word) to make me feel so good once i am on that pretty hot wheel (fucking hot in here.....kipasing myself). Oh well, at least my silver toyota does give me that thrilling effect too, cruising smoothly on the highway. Gives the test-drive a whole new meaning i reckon when it applies to choosing men although i will test-drive them more on the wit and attitude and just a little bit of hotness. And some bit of moment of truth like making them reveal their true colours is my specialty.

After all, i cant afford to keep adding sins on me book, innit?



Anyways, ade la one time i was adoring horses, stallion of course. Started with my admiration on a black stallion, and then any tall, muscular , lean mean machine horses that usually gallops around Hyde Park. Those mighty beasts were spectacular. I didnt care who's riding them, but its the horses that i was eyeing on. And being in the college in South Kensington, i got to see sexy cars passing by almost everyday. There was once I was thinking of getting a Honda CRV before, but now, it is no longer my dream car. Still, if i am rich, I will surely get 1 or 2, maybe 3 cars to suit my mood and to cater for my needs.


******************************************************************************

OK enough merapu-ing....letih sebenarnya ni!












8 comments:

Lee said...

Hello Manal I sure enjoyed reading your this posting, ha ha, it certainly covers lots of subjects, from dudes, to horses to fast cars to romance.
Before I change gears, allow me to add, 'night is longer for those who dream, and day is longer for thos who make their dream come thru'.
And talking about sex appeal...sex appeal is 50% what you've got and 50% what people think you've got.
Re fast cars? I guess I have to take a pass on that now. My time is over, fast cars, fast women.
But I still love cars, and here we have cars that can scare the white hairs to sprout out, 500HP to 650HP.
Drive a Shelby Mustang Cobra with its 500HP and you happen to sneeze with your foot on the pedal?
Apart from leaving a 50 feet trail of tire marks, scaring everyone within 100 yards, screeching tires, you'll if lucky pass by three lamp posts, or have an unintended affair with one, or bring down one.
I test drove a Dodge Viper with 550HP...and took it to an empty parking lot, and hit the pedal at 3000RPM, and I can tell it made me turn religious immediately! I did not even go into 2nd gear...THAT car frightened the bejessus out of me!
And I used to be a fast driver old days too.
But I can tell you, these cars make beautiful sounds, just idling. Step on the gas at the lights, and it sounds like an F-16 fighter jet taking off.
But no cars make sounds like a Ferrari.
There's an in place here called Yorkville, classy coffee joints, stores selling ladies clothes starting price $500 up, and evenings, weekends, you'll see Porche Turbos, Ferraris, Lambos, Mercedes 550AMgs parked there with guys coming out looking like Antonio Banderas.
And here is where you rub shoulders with maybe Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Robert Redford, Salmah Hayek, in a coffee shop or in one of those stores my wife and I dare not even go in, etc as Toronto is known as Hollywood North.
There's filming going on everyday somewhere in town.
Ahhh, maybe you should come work here? And drive a Shelby Cobra to work? Ha ha.
Have a nice day, Manal, Lee.
ps, drop in if free.

ManaL said...

Hi there Uncle Lee,

Till today, i have never yet been in or driven a super fast car. The most is Mazda RX8 that belongs to my 3rd bro-inlaw. ONE day, i will get my chance on a ferrari and the lots.

You've been a daredevil in your youth and you sure had quite many experience to boot. And so, i can say that your life has been a hollywood life in its own right.

Take care uncle lee and keep on sharing with us your delightful stories!

Ned said...

U should go check out Sbah/Swak la manal..its real nice tau. Though they part of M'sia but the ambience is still slightly different. I love KK ok, been there twice and Kinabalu is an experience u can never forget.

Pergi la..x mahal pun. Wait for Air Asia offer then just go..lodding n transport x mahal laaa...

Go while u still have de energy, and no commitment to tie u down..hehehe

ManaL said...

Ned,

I have been thinking of doing that too, esp with Air Asia collaborating with Citibank on announcing bargain air fares straight to my SMS inbox.


On Gunung Kinabalu, yeah I'd love to climb all the way to the peak just like u did , twice lagi. But i must make sure I have enough stamina to do so.

Alahai, commitment ke tak, if I wanna do it, i would do it...or so i think...

Siti Khadijah said...

Dear Manal,

Must check out Redang. My family and I (21 of us) were at Laguna Resort and it was so enchanting. The water is crystal clear. You can go snorkellig even infront of the hotel. Fish will come and eat breadcrumbs off your fingers. One of the best holidays ever....

Perhentian too is nice. Went there with a group of frieds from UKM. We were checking out the place for future research. That night we were suppose to go mencandat sotong but alas it rained and we had sotong in the restaurant!

Kota Kinabalu is nice since it is so near the sea. Earlier this month I stayed at Hyatt and I was given a room overlooking the bay...Magical. Must try Sutra harbour heard it is nice...

Kuching too has its charm. The water front is unique. Nice to explore the art galleries. And you must check out the cultural village especially the cultural show. The guy who use the sumpit is tall, broad shouldered, good looking and tiny bit naughty ;)

ManaL said...

Madam Curi,

Kak Nina, i should be adding them all in my diary, and will plan the trip one by one. Whether I will be going on my own or accompanied by family/friends, I hope i can make it to all those destinations. I need to discover malaysia more while i keep my options wide open on "melebarkan sayap" to many places around the world.

I may take your word on putting Redang as my 1st choice. And the rest will follow suit inshallah. If ever i need more advice, i shall seek u.

rad said...

Fast car huh? Jgn lupa pakai seatbelt wlupun for a short hop/jln kpg.
BTW, did u hear bt our friend's mother passed away recently? Mmglah dah ajal ketentuan Allah tp peringatan utk kita spy berhati2 bila memandu.

Er, dah tengok Redline? Hehe..if you like Fast&Furious & sewaktu dgnnya..such an eye-candy!

ManaL said...

Rad!!!

So good to see u again after your nearly 3 months hiatus.

BUT knowing that u r doing your PhD writing up and what nots.....even i was hiatus for like hmmm...more than u did of course, but that was before i made this blog public. U may notice that there is a significant gap of months in 2005, that was the year i finally obtained my PhD.


Yeah i heard about it but only after a few weeks on e-warga UKM. Right after that i messaged her thru Yahoo msger. And we managed to chat about it briefly.

Hope to see u around more!