Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wedding story

I just had my 1st ever sister inlaw recently. The nikah and reception on the lady's side took place at beranang, hulu langat. . It was alright, really. So far, i already have 3 brother inlaws; one married my eldest sister and the other two married my 3rd and 4th sisters.


The photo below was taken on my bro's reception side. From the left, it's me, the bride farah, my youngest sister samihah and my 4th sister naglaa.



Honestly speaking, this reception part sucks big time!!! The whole reception process was handled by my 1st bro (the 5th in the family, i am the second), the groom and his fellow Pekida mates. My parents was not given much of authority in this work. The food was damn lousy and on top of that, it rained heavily in the middle of the event. The only few things that cheered me up were the attendance of my fellow lecturer colleagues and close frens as well as the camaraderie and good cooperation displayed by my cousins, their children and my aunt, thats my cousins' mum. AS much as i am not so keen on wedding ceremonies, exceptional only if it's family or close friends, this whole project sham is something most of my family members will never forget for the rest of our life. All the things that this pekida, my bro and my parents have agreed upon earlier on their discussion for the food and the whole settings were not materialised at all! They took charge of everything, manipulated my parents and worst of all, dominated the preparation much to our disgust. It was rather appalling, and all of us, excluding my 1st bro of course, were very devastated by what had happened.

So far, all our previous 3 weddings were considered successful and all were done in a proper banquet hall.

No comments: