Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Weeeeeee!!!! Aztech Wireless Adaptor

Awesomeness....

Exciting innit when your desktop can be connected sans cable to the internet modem? To me it is, and for that, I thank thee AZTECH (and other few companies) who has come up with this Wireless Adaptor model WL851USB. Its so simple to install on the USB port and voila, I can now use my mobile and my laptop simultaneously via wireless connection.

Whats more awesome? I can use this adaptor for my laptop as well to increase the wifi reception strength. Quite handy this gadget.

Price I paid: Rm95.00 from a local PC shop at Jalan Reko.


*******************************************************************************

I happened to observe a little gecko lizard of perhaps 1 week old or less trying to defend itself against 5-6 red ant armies at my car porch this morning. A full grown-up lizard would just happily catching those red ants with its long sticky tongue and swallow them in one big gulp to its heart content one after another without much worry as it is far bigger than them. But for poor young lizard, it struggled to keep those ants away from it no matter how feeble it was. Those ants seemed like they wouldnt let their "prey" get away that easily and so they made attacks left right and center and even managed to crawl over its tiny tail. Little Liz fought hard, really really hard. It managed to keep those predators away at bay for a while with all its might, till one TM (telekom malaysia) guy came to my house this morning and accidentally stepped on those ants and lizard mercilessly . He probably never really care whatever small things lying on the cement car porch. But there it was, little Liz, all squashed up head to tail! Soon there will be more and more ants coming forward to clean up the carnage and ultimately succeeded to secure a food supply for the day in the form of baby lizard flesh. Who knows what sort of a delicacies it might offer those ants, but being natural hardworking creatures , I presumed they are more than grateful to whatever type of food as long as its edible. Heck, they have also done some good thing to the environment by removing those bits of carcass off my place.


PS: I have been watching Animal Planet on Astro 556 and one time, the image of a bigger lizard (biawak -monitor lizard) swallowing a baby crocodile is still fresh in my mind. I guess no matter how ugly and gruesome an adult crocodile might be, its babies are practically meek and susceptible to being a prey for any hungry carnivor lurking near the river bank/swamp etc crocodile habitat. I have also seen on huge gecko lizard at my parents place some few weeks ago and it was like 10 inches or so long. One would wonder how it has survived all these while eating smaller insects off the wall and growing larger than its average 4-5 inches lizard mates.

That TM fella came with his other 2 technician mates came to check on my wifi modem as I lodged a report 2 days earlier having lost the internet connection. After a few tinkering and troubleshooting here and there, they somehow found the source of the problem (and that too after i talked over with them and all that fella said was he knew his job and he'd get it done) and went locating a Streamyx Main Port near a playground about 200 meters from my house. I asked them if thats TM way to help their customer solve their problem by keep sending in their contract technicians and all? They said thats how it works in TM and if one external Streamyx port got hit by the lightning, chances are other users may be affected the same. They replaced the faulty port with a new one (or whatever they claimed they did), and I got my connection back on.

Commiseration? Its FOC. Not complaining.

2 comments:

Mel Ija said...

Oh no...!!! Poor Liz.. kesiannya dia. Trying to fend off ants.. [sigh].. oh well, that's life for you.. sad ain't it?

ManaL said...

Mel Ija,

Yeah, c'est la vie indeed. Pagi tadi dah abis segala isi bangkai tu diclearkan oleh those ants.

But it was quite interesting nonetheless to be able to observe such scene. Sadisss kah aku?