Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Power Surge for DSL connection

Must. Get. That. DSL. Power. Surge.....U dont need to wait till the rain starts to pour in malaysia when the lightning can strike even 10, 20 mins before the shower hits the area. Last sunday was the hmmmm....dunno how many times....but last sunday was the WORST hit of all time ever since i am connected to the broadband in this country. Imagine the strong burning smell emitted from my old (Jaring supplied) Aztec modem. There was a little but distinctly sharp 'clack' noise and the modem is dead. I took precautions for my pc as it is connected to a SIRIM approved power surge cable. Now, I must connect the modem DSL phone line to an appropriate power surge specially customised for phone-to-modem connection purpose.

I just got back from G & B shop off taman reko, kajang and asked about this power surge. They have quoted its price: RM 26.00. Alas, i did not carry enough money with me, and so I just bought a new ADSL Aztec modem for RM 91.00.

The shop closes around 7 pm. Maybe I should go back to that shop later today to purchase that power surge item.

Previous post on broadband failure due to lightning strike here.

No comments: