Sunday, July 01, 2007

On: "Tagged for Charity"

I was tagged by sis Ruby Ahmad, who was very thoughtful enough to include me in to continue this auspicious and philanthropic act on helping Bro Idham in his "quest" to donate to the Darul Izzah (House of Nobility) Orphanage.

Honestly, I am not very sure how this meme could assist in the donation but I am participating it, nonetheless as a pure act of conscience in the name of helping the less fortunate. As this is Brother Idham's initiative, I hope his " Tagged for Charity" campaign will soon be materialized, inshallah (by God's willing).


***********************************************************************************

The original meme sender, Bro Idham needed 100 memes by 26th August. Once this tag is done, please leave a comment on his blog to inform him that you have done the tag.

If you are tagged, you need to write an entry related to the meme. At the end of your entry you just need to tag as many bloggers as you like. You will then leave a comment in their blog to let them know they have been tagged. And to include this message, "By doing this meme you are contributing RM127 to the Darul Izzah Orphanage".

Then please copy and paste this rule somewhere in your entry.

The meme is about completing at least seventeen out of the following twenty seven sentences.

*These can be copied and pasted to your entry*



1. A person is only as good as ... his/her sincere acts towards another person that transcends all race, creed and belief.


2. Friendship is always ... a test and a natural testimony to what we are.


3. To love is to... to be able to share and understand each other's feelings


4. Money makes me... feel relieved that I can afford something.


5. I miss ... having extra holidays and extra savings to travel around (many places locally and around the world).


6. My way of saying I care is by ... being protective and putting the person's need above mine.


7. I try to spread love and happiness by... not being moody and spoiling the whole party


8. Pick the flowers when... they are lying unattended


9. To love someone is to... value the relationship by learning to understand him/her so as to appreciate how we are complementing each other and to respect each other's feelings.


10. Beauty is... what God has given whether it is what appreciated by our sights or whatever exudes beneath the variety exteriors/facade.


11. When I was thirteen, what I remember the most was... the first time i was send to a boarding school and how I have survived since.


12. When I was twenty one, I remember... making a vow that I am not gonna marry almost any Malay guys unless he proves me wrong on not being a typical one. And until now, no matter how gorgeous he can be, the idea of tying a knot with one fades quickly than a tiny wisp of smoke.


13. I am most happy when ... I am alone or with very close friends/loved ones on a nice sunny weather eating delectable, mouth-watering ice-creams/ go sightseeing around great/new places, driving along scenic backgrounds, getting clothes and shoes of the right sizes and design, when I have extra money to spend on what i like.....


14. Nothing makes me happier than ... feeling healthy, energetic and in that cheerful mood of wanting to do many things on my own.


15. If I can change one thing, I will change... the flexibility of my job so that i am able to get more holidays. (and if i may, my metabolism rate too)


16. If smiles were.... as infectious as the cold fever .. then I... would smile to anyone all around me that'll make me feel so jovial and at ease.


17. Wouldn't it be nice if we could... be less prejudiced, prejudging and selfish.


18. If you want to ... gain a good physique ...then you have to ... go through pains and perseverance to keep the workout regime consistent and stay on a healthy diet accordingly.


19. Money is not everything but... it saves a lot of hassles.


20. The most touching moment I have experienced is.... knowing that there will always be some people who really cares for me.


21. I smile when... i greet my friends/ work colleagues.


22. When I am happy, I... would celebrate by buying my favourite chocolaty ice-cream and savour every moment as the creamy chocolates melts in my mouth, hehe...


23. If only I don't have to ... control over my food consumption then... I dont need to figure out ways not to get fat (gain weight) easily.


24. The best thing I did yesterday was... to enjoy a good meal with few close friends.


25. If I ever write a book, I will give it this title... " Appreciate ourselves "


26. One thing I must do before I die is... to clear any debts.


27. Doing this meme, I feel like ... honoured that I am entrusted by a wonderful person like Kak Ruby to help Brother Idham to achieve his pure target.


*************************************************************************

I would like to pass the tag on to these people:

Abdun
Pugly
Ubi
Mel Ija

After all, it's for good cause.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Manal dear,

Thank you so much for giving time and loving energy to take part in this meme. Such a sport you are.

I love your no 1 answer especially on the second part. If everyone embraced this it would be easier for us to wander around UK now...but not now, not with the latest nasty incidents kan? Sigh.

Your answers in general describes you as a lovely practical person, honest and a person who makes effort to make things better as you go through life. The last bit (making things better...), shows you do care and you are sensitive about other people's feel
ings.
No 27, aduh! Touching nya I rasa. You are so sweet there. Tq again dear.

ManaL said...

Salam Kak Ruby,

It's really my pleasure at your humble disposal!

Yeah, if only they would understand that their emotional acts are causing more harm than good to everybody. BUT, I will never forget this one incident not far from my old flat in london when i slipped and fell on my knees on the slippery road one winter morning as the traffic light was turning green. As I was struggling to get up as fast as I could, a car was proceeding towards me at an average speed. An english lady saw this and she quickly scurried onto the road in front of me to stop the driver at that instant. I may still actually be able to save my own life despite taking a certain desperate measures at the expense of my bruised knee and elbow but had she not stopped the car, i may not be able to save my other belongings like my groceries and few other valuables in my carrier bag that were scattered on the road. God is great and his Mercies are well spread to all human beings.


Oh-oh...i am being scrutinized...but no worries...Coming from you, it is very encouraging indeed! So they say, with every little helps.


That, u r so deserving more than that wee bit of an honest compliment!

A.Z. Haida said...

dear,

do leave a message at idham's comment box to let him know that you have done this meme...

ManaL said...

Kak AZ,

I have done that already. It's only a matter of time before he will include my link into the tagged list.

Thanks for your concern!

Hi&Lo said...

Manal,

You are a very special human being. Too wonderful for words.

ManaL said...

dear hi&lo ,

My sincerest gratitudes for such an overwhelming acknowledgement. Dunno really whether they wud describe me well but i take ur words if it's nothing but what ur heart says.

Everyone is made special for someone or for a mass of people. And so do u. Your distinctive presence with your wise and kind words leaves a certain remarkable impact to many of us who r fortunate enuf to be bloghopped and commented by u.

Now i must retreat into my hermit shell for a while to recover from your flattery....

Hazyr said...

manal,

just wondering.. what's your definition of typical malay guys? :)

ManaL said...

Ryzah ,

That a malay or any guy who sticks to his traditional backgrounds too much and his typical society norms/upbringing. And he desires that we be like how and what he wants us to be, moulding us into for eg, his mum or like any typical girl of his society, demure and what nots. In addition to all of the above, some buruk malay guys yg perasan macho and macam bagus and just layan petit, putih-kuning muka cina type of girls really adds to my irks on them. (bagus la kan pilihan diorg sesowaiiii sgt, sepadan).

Good thing, many malay guys evolve with age and they show more appreciations for women in terms of her intellectuality and her very own personality besides the physique (this is subjective, some suka kecik2, ade yg suka voluptious and curvy, ade yg suka lagi tinggi, and mcm2 lagi la).

It's not that i totally reject any malay guy suitor (apparently, the malay(mongrels) admirers are increasing in number) , i am just glad i didnt marry one earlier like 10 years ago or something. It gave me ample time to "evolve" myself to better in so many aspects and contexts of the man-woman games whilst still be proud of myself in the truest of essence. I guess, pride and prejudice do exist in many kind of ways, shapes and forms.

The Pisces Man said...

Well said, Manal with the exception on.... woit, don't la 'kutuk' Malay guys - I'm one of them you know... Hahhhaaahaha..

ManaL said...

Salam Abdun ,

Tak...saya suka la jejaka melayu mongrel ini.....saya juga jumpa banyak melayu indonesia (cowok2) yang elok rupanya....