Sunday, December 30, 2007

After christmas 2007 stories

There have been warnings after warnings, carnage after carnage took place as a result of some wacko-emotive driven suicide bombers and finally, Madam Benazir Bhutto was laid to rest, RIP last Thursday 27 December, that was 1 day after the Boxing Day (26 Dec) in the UK, 2 months since her return to her birth country, Pakistan. Almost a year before that, Saddam Hussein, the Iraq former president was hanged to death on the gallows.


The death of Benazir Bhutto left me sitting on my chair in front of my pc for a good 10mins or more, terribly shocked by the news.


It happened to her predecessor and father, Mr.Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, but he was hanged to death instead of dying amidst an earth shattering bomb blast. Indira Ghandi and Mahatma Ghandi (former India PM and the second one, independence leader) were shot dead. Rajiv Ghandi (former india PM) died along with his suicide bomber, a Tamil Lady of LTTE movement. Zia ul Haq (former Pakistan President) died in a plane explosion. Tragic indeed those life and death of the reknown Indian and Pakistani Leaders.



26 December marked the third anniversary of the Tsunami catastrophe and the fourth anniversary of the Bam earthquake. All that disasters that have occurred on the 26 December in the first decade of the new millenia seemed to have outweighed the Friday the 13th bad luck myth (i.e. the date where it is believed there would be some unfortunate event will take place).


***********************************************************************************

Yesterday (saturday afternoon), I attended the Reading Session at Seksan's Bangsar, organized by Sharon Bakar for the 1st time ever. I got to meet the right honourable Tan Sri A Samad Said and his wife and had a little chitchat with him. I called him Pak Samad initially when i shook his hand and introduced myself. And then after like 5 mins into the conservation with him, I looked at both him and his wife and innocently, with apologetic tones asked them what should I really address them. Tan Sri Samad insisted on being called Pak Samad as thats what he most comfortable with and i called his wife, Kak Shidah instead. This lovely couple was the salt of the earth, very humble and friendly and that made me regain my composure while continuing our chat.


Not only that I got what I came for: an autograph by Awang Goneng (Wan Ahmad Hulaimi) on his latest and debut non-fiction book: Growing Up in Trengganu, I managed to get Pak Samad and Kak Teh (Mrs Awang Goneng) signed my GUIT book as well! Pak Adib was there too, amongst the many guests who turned up at this event. I missed Dina Zaman's reading session as I came there after 4.00pm due to KTM commuter train delay (in the beginning i thought of driving to bangsar but since i havent been on the train for ages, i took my chance only to get stranded at Serdang station for nearly 40mins. I got off at Midvalley station and took a cab to Seksan's at Jalan Tempinis 1, Lucky Garden, Bangsar).

I went to shop a bit at Midvalley Megamall before i left home by the commuter train all the way to UKM station where i parked my car there.







4 comments:

Ned said...

26th dec aka boxing day cum my b'day. Mak ni diva disaster ke?

hehehehhe

ManaL said...

nediboya,

Apa la cakap gitew noks? Nauzubillah minzaalik.

Uols bikin earthquake atas ranjang ka noks?

The Pisces Man said...

26 December is also known as a Boxing Day, maybe dat's why there's usually something 'shattering' happens that day, like in a boxing match.

ManaL said...

Abdun,

U making it sounds morbid?