Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Yuletide Laugh: Is He Prime Minister?

SALAM AIDIL ADHA, HAJJI MABROOR TO ALL THE HUJJAJ, MUSLIMEEN AND MUSLIMAAT, AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THOSE WHO CELEBRATES CHRISTMAS (mainly christians of course).



Christmas tree in Whiteleys, Bayswater, London



A well-lit christmas tree at Trafalgar Square, London


I am a muslim but I love the sight of a well-lit christmas tree....I have taken a few photos of it myself with or without me posing next to it. I dunno why but it just brings me smile and cheerful feelings amidst the gloomy, sometimes wet, sometimes snowy, frosty December.


For those who are familiar with Catherine Tate's work, here's a videoclip that will surely send u rocking on your chair laughing your ass off. This British comedienne had me in stitches with many of her quintessential british satires on her "Catherine Tate Show". We Malaysians may still able to catch her show on BBCE Astro channel rated for evening shows mostly.


I reckon you gonna like the former UK Prime Minister, Tony Blair's sense of humour after watching this:




The second videoclips taken from the Little Britain sketch: Dafydd Thomas (Matt Lucas), the only gay in the village doing interview with Elton John with a special appearance by David Walliam, Matt's sidekick in Little Britain:











12 comments:

The Pisces Man said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha & Happy New Year to u too..

Sori, not familiar with Catherine Tate's work, so cannot commento...:-0

ManaL said...

O Pisces Man,

Thanks for the wish.

On Catherine Tate: Well u should. Her humour may be a tad bit offensive sometimes but she delivers them in a matter-of-factly. U should check on ricky gervais works too. Unless u r not so used to british humour.

Unknown said...

owh.. such memory...

(sorry beb, ni guna gmail afuandi..)

ManaL said...

Is that u, marha?


Yeah, that and those feelings now and then when it's the city and me makes me feel the grooves again.

Lee said...

Hi Manal, love the pics. I love the British sense of humour. As well your humour too.
Here's wishing you a very happy new year, with lots of smiles and sunshine always.
Best regards, Lee.

Unknown said...

Hello Manal,

I love the atmosphere of Christmas. It must be the happy images we were exposed to all the years we were growing up. I get such a special feeling when we hear the beat-y Christmas jingles and beautiful colours on Christmas trees. I think that is ok.

Here's wishing you and loved ones:

A HAPPY AND MEANINGFUL AND SPECIAL NEW YEAR.

ManaL said...

Uncle Lee,

Thanks uncle lee. Likewise, wishing u all the very best!

ManaL said...

"Queen" Ruby,

Maybe so. Even though i've never been to any xmas dinner on xmas eve n so on, we had our department and research group dinners and parties before the college closed. The bigger, the more decorations hanging on the christmas tree, the more lights, the better!

And then those days when we had raya during winter season, esp the ones before and after xmas, me and my friends we each pulled those christmas crackers just for fun...:-D

May u have another great or even better year 2008, the year of the rat!

realitylane said...

oh my god i haven't watched british comedy in ages gosh this brings back memories! brill!

thanks for this.

ManaL said...

Lady K,

Was it like walking down the mammary or memory lane to u? if u "aksed" me, i'd say both....bergoncang dadaku gelak sakan!

Lee said...

Hi Manal, London will always have special memories for me.
Hyde Park corner, Serpentine Lake, Marble Arch, Petticoat Lane, Soho, Leicester Sq, Cafe de Paris, Leicester Ballroom...walking home after 2am from Picadilly circus to Malaysia Hall in Brynston Sq, with my two best friends then, Amir and Shamsul as the Tubes had stopped for the night. Eating fish and chips from newspapers....oh boy, those memories always brings a smile to me.
And yes, I remember those tall lighted X'mas trees in Trafalgar Sq...even getting some pigeon deposits on my jacket.
I am not a Christian, but celebrate it too, and in Malaysia used to enjoy Hari Raya with my Malay friends....I love ketupats, rendangs.
Infact I even wanted to marry a lovely Malay girl too, but was persuaded to forget it. No, not because she Malay, because I was too young still, ha ha. Only 19.
You have a nice day, Manal, best regards, Lee.

ManaL said...

Uncle Lee,

My goodness, very strong memory u have there! Cafe De Paris??? posh laa uncle lee yea :-D

I'd go to any of the celebration parties if they would cordially invite me too. To date, i've been to all the occasions in london and in malaysia, only raya and chinese new year (CNY) open houses that i have ever been. Itu pon that CNY becoming a rare occasion for me as i didnt get any invitation anymore except for some CNY cards and boxes of oranges as gift.

U mustve been the envy of your male friends for getting lotta attentions from those women during your heydays! U keep yourself well too and dont catch any frostbites. Nanti we had to wait for a while for another juicy updates!