Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Small World Indeed

Picture taken during the launching of the new Malaysia Hall and Malaysia Student Department in Queensborough Terrace, Bayswater, London, August 2004:






Thanks Kamarul for the photo. I pon tak hengat that someone took a picture of me and Kak Puteri Zakiah and it was you, kamarul! Small world indeed. We have actually met in london and yet we didnt speak to each other except to pose with your nenek saudara that u fondly call her "Opah Chu".

Isnt she a pretty lady or what? This I mean Kak Puteri laaa , but feel free to think that I looked like a hot babe there, sexaaayyyyy. Behind us, the man with the blue collar, is the infamous Pak Syed. He's been working at Malaysia hall since 1960s and he is still healthy well into his golden age (70 something). He was also known as "Yoda" by the undergraduate students across London and the UK itself.

Ooo...by the way, I first knew Kamarul, a Sapura Holdings engineer in person through a PDA-moleskin meeting organized by Pak Adib, the veteran blogger at KL Sentral 2 years ago. And apparently it was 2 years after our 1st unspoken meeting in london. He and his family live in BBBangi like myself but in the different section.


Yesterday, I met an old primary schoolmate who didnt recognize me 1st but she somehow knew me from somewhere. It took her quite a while to guess who I was, and she thought i was some Sharifah (a lady with arabic blood). Quite close enough, I thought. And when i told her my name, she could not quite put the name and myself together but of course she remembered the name very well. I think i am blessed having such a unique name like Manal as a Malaysian. Not many of us in Malaysia although that name "Manal" (pronounced as Ma-naal , sounds like Chanel) is very much common in Egypt, and many other Arab League countries.


And not long after that, I received an SMS from Kamarul telling me that he found an old picture of me with his Opah Chu.


6 comments:

Lee said...

Hi manal...you look simply....ahhhh, words fail me, imagine that!
Okay got it, you look so delectably gorgeous, and the kind of lady my florists would love see me date.
WheeeeetWheeeewwwwAhhhhooooo, ha ha, Canadian wolf howling.
Stay gorgeous, Manal...and hold on to that Mona Lisa smile.
Stay easy and have a nice day, Lee.

ManaL said...

Terima kasih seribu, Uncle Lee :-D

And may i ask: that mona lisa part, is it just the "haunting" smile or the one smiling like mona lisa is a bit of rubenesque?

Either way, i was once told that I was like or could look like a malaysian marilyn monroe.

Itu canadian wolf, ganas kah? But I hope I would stay "delectable" all the way into my golden years, and that my future husband would feel the same about me just like how u have always felt for your Mrs.Lee!

Rt Hon Sir Cipan Nougat-Tenuk said...

Woooo ... hawt ya amatz. I'm amazed Pak Arab tak dok hurung in that pic.

:D

ManaL said...

Avang Cipanzz ,

Pak Arab hurung time clubbing jer normally...depan2 orang depa takot sket sebab i berhijab ala2....

Tapi kalau lalu depan theyols nyer resto ke time theyols smoke shisha, haross la mak ditenung ala2 "dicerap" gitewww...tak koser mak tawwww...

All The Cars In The World said...

memang nama u unik.

ManaL said...

All the cars,

Yes, unik to the malaysians but not necessarily to the arab leagues.

Thanks for bloghopping here.