Saturday, August 25, 2007

Unknown status of Manal Ismail

What is it that is so bothering people about my status: single????


I am quite happy the way life is and I am quite grateful of what I have had so far and I am aspiring to achieve more and more in the near future for the betterment of my life.


I am not quite as what people perceive me as. I may look demure sometimes in my full office customs: tudung, baju kurung/ baju kebaya/ blouse and skirt/ blouse and slacks/ 3 inches heels/ 1 inch heels/ and I arrange them with some matching colour coordination whichever suits my taste and mood. But do not prejudge me just by what dress u see me in. I tried as much as possible to not expose a lot of flesh to the public but I also don some certain trendy tops and jeans that show off my curves. Heck I am voluptious and I am proud of my curves. The thing is a lot of men and women out there who are so not-very-sharp in looking at my physique. Just because i wear loose baju kurung, they think: "hey u put on weight". But then when i am in my casual (sometimes hawt) attire, i received some unusualy positive remarks like: "wow u look good", or "u lost a lot weight" or they just thought that i am an undergraduate, taken for an undergraduate, a fresh face at a company and so on.



I do not wreck any married people's marriage and I am certainly do not intend to do so even if a married man is bagging at my feet to accept him (ptuiihhh pi mampossss, pi balik to ur wife la, kalau tak suka dia sgt, divorce her or marry somebody else, and stop buggering me OK, comprende? capisci? katalavez? fahimta? faham? understand? samjay? and padan moka hang kawen that kinda lady)


I am thinking of getting married once i have sorted out some of the more IMPORTANT things first and foremost like trying to clear some overdraft and credit card debts and rebuilding my savings. And a few more other things like losing weight, revitalise myself, enjoying my freedom, and some few more things. I am not your normal 31 years old woman who is wallowing in self-pity for being unmarried and all. I have only started to really, really get to be in the man-woman affair and all things pertaining to it when i was 23. Although my first date was way back when i was 17, I have not totally blossomed into a full woman of integrity and one hawt woman not until 23 and above. I struggled to appreciate the best things about being a woman having grown up as a tomboyish tomboy (not exactly a tomboy but I dont like a lot of girly things and i was kinda rough). And once i knew how wonderful it was to be a woman in my own way, i see a bright future ahead and i see a LOT of new exciting things. After all, God created women equipped with their own very special strengths, intelligence and capabilities that (almost) do not exist in men.



I am a normal woman albeit one of a kind. I used to have some dark fantasies (well, not necessarily dark, but to conservatives and social conformists, they may take it as one) but I am making my own efforts to be a good muslimah in my OWN way. So dont u go blast me with woteva hell of holy scriptures u may wanna think of coz i am pretty much EDUCATED. You wanna go blabla about it, be a smart or equal to me and do it with hikmah and mau'izatul hasanah. Otherwise, shut ur gob and piss off.




You think that I have been missing a lot? Nope, certainly not, in fact, I am most certainly advanced and full of knowledge of anything to do with desire and sex education. I love to share the knowledge rather than listening to some people bragging about it. But i rather keep them to myself except to the man i love and very few openminded close friends who are not gonna be that judgmental and they are actually wanted to discuss on a certain issue relating to it in the name of knowledge.



I am enjoying learning so many things, God knows. And I know a lot of things about married life, kids, the upbringing process and so on. I may have to experience the labour pains, giving birth, and all that but i am a fast learner and a curious one too. I am not ashamed in asking anybody who i think knows better to be able to learn new things, and that include just about anything that i find interesting or am curious at, like learning more on web design, pc, car, chemical engineering stuff, new gadgets, and many2 more. I have been independent since I am 3 years old and getting better ever since.



I was sceptical about marriage in my early 20s and I was only beginning to accept the idea of it in my late 20s. I do not feel old (although sometimes i do get backpains, kneepains and stuff) and i act according to my age (sometimes i feel like i am older and sometimes i am like younger than my peers). I am ever so grateful that I did not get married in my early 20s.



Waiting for the right man???? N-O: NO. Preparing to settle down with the right man for me more likely. I saw couples at my friend's daughter's birthday party today, most came with 1, 2, 3 kids or more. And most couples are average looking people, or their wives looked better or both the husbands and wives deserved each other, none the better looking. Some are bloody smug married couple , like i give a fuck innit? I am not implying that I deserve a very good-looking man or anything like that, but of course, he would match my looks and my wisdom (yo bengal tiger, r u reading this? must rebuff ur physique a bit, love). He may or may not earn a PhD degree but his life experience and his passion towards his career building equal or higher than what i am.



When am I getting married??? There is this already-written-by-God thing and there is also when-do-i-feel-like-i-want-it-to.



Inlaws? I dont give much a toss on this. I am sometimes elusive, repulsive, impulsive, compulsive and an enigma to my family and u r expecting me to be goody2 very caring daughter/sister inlaw? U good to me, I good to u. U mess with me, u be very sorry (simple principle innit?). Call me self absorbed, but who the hell would u please other than urself first of all. And to love urself more too. I am so non-conformist, many typical malay guys would get scared of this. No laaa....not like i am gonna make ur parents's life a living hell. I am like Jennifer Lopez in Monster-Inlaw. Loving but with cautious and conscience. I had enuf with guilt-ridden for nothing. U cant please everyone so why dont u please urself first? As Mark Twain once quoted: "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure". If u keep worrying wot everyone wants u to be or to do or woteva things they bitch/think about u, u aint going no where but definitely heading down the misery lane.



Am I beautiful? Yes (though overweight). Am I a good person? Yes. Then why am I not married yet? Because I lead/design my life the way I want it and not for you to dictate what u feel about me and this include my mother who has always been worried sick of this second daughter of hers. I always pray to Allah for her longevity and good life and she will be able to see each and every one of us settling down, having babies and all. Ameen. So far, four are already married out of her nine children and 3 of the married ones bore her grandchildren.


OK, lega....just venting out my disappointment.

*Dont care if u disagree or anything. Look after ur own life and family first before yap-yapping somebody else like some holier-than-thou.

28 comments:

ubisetela said...

woman, I love this post! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Manal,

Ha ha ha...bravo woman! Attaway to go. Ptttuuiih...ha ha. I pun Pttttuuuih to those who kacau you. Get lost nasty people, leave Manal alone. She sure knows what she wants..not you guys. Dissappear from her face..pronto.

Yeah, girl vent. Dont let anyone get to you! This is your space. You will get your dream insy. Take care dear.

Makji Esah said...

Haiyoo..marah dgn sapa ni? Ada org kat Twickenham ni dah 34 pun masih tak laku...pastu, bila balik kampung, macam macam plan org nak kenen dgn org tu la, ni la..mcm la aku ni kmaruk nak berlaki sangat.

But, selagi kita tak kacau laki org, ayam org, itik org...maka, marilah kita bersama-sama makan Haagen Daaz nah?

The Pisces Man said...

Err... what...? But then, it's good that you have vented out your disappointment mate..

Totally agree with u on "U good to me, I good to u. U mess with me, u be very sorry"..

P/S: So, how curvy are you? Hahahaha... (typical Malay guy's question :ppp)

Typhoon Sue said...

ah... tell me about it!

stupid people who call themselves my friends often ask me the question. I have always given some sarcastic answers that somehow or rather manage to silence them for a while, until the next time we meet of course, when I have to fend of another round of those silly questions, again and again. I'm tired, seriously. So now, whenever ppl ask me, bila nak kawin, I'll just say, Hujung tahun.

Of course they'll get all excited and scream eh, ye ke?... only to hear me say, hujung tahun le, tapi tahun bila tak tau...leave me alone, will ya!

hahaha

seriously, I don't think I'll ever marry. and you know what? I'm okay with that...

:) peace sistah!

zewt said...

wow... what's with the emo... :)

so... waiting to settle with the right man eh... i reckon you already have one in mind..?

ManaL said...

Ubi,

Sometimes we gotta do wot we gotta do....at the end of the day, it's us who must stand up for we believe in.

ManaL said...

Kak Ruby,

Was i relieved? Yeah, definitely.....

Thanks for ur du'aa, kak ruby. It's ramadhan soon and i had to get things straight and i am gonna have to make some choices and ask Allah for his help and blessings during the holy month. It took me years to dwell on this holy union and i think i'll have to get some of those important things like writing technical articles for journals going on as soon as possible while sorting out my financials.

Till the next glorious days, keeping my fingers crossed!

ManaL said...

Makji yang rawk!,

Yaaa btoollll.....no ayam, itik, kucing dan segala harmed so far....

Haagen Dazs? I'm so UP for it! yes yes yes pralines and cream, belgian chocolate, nuts, pistachios, strawberry and cream, or maybe waffles or choc brownies with ice creams....meleleh beb...

ManaL said...

Pisces,

Doncha wish ur lady was hawwwtttt like me...? heheh.....naahhh, i'm so totally not ur type!

Mengucapp.....

ManaL said...

Sue,

But we are getting hotter and hotter, how?

Uuurrrgghhhh I so despise those smug married people...like they are having the most perfect life and deserved rainbows, butterflies (why is this sounding like mariah carey's breakdown moments?)

Arent these people bloody insecured or what?

ManaL said...

Feng Shui Zewt,

U r reading my mind, spot on....but unfortunately I must choose!

rad said...

manal,
In my current position, those questions like "Bila nak kawin?" sound less stress-inducing, bring more comfort to my ears than "Bila nak abis?" Argh!! What would I do to be in your shoes...(blissfully confident indeed)

I thot (like a typical gal lah) I would be settling down by the age of 26 - fast forward 6 years - no change in status but I'm OK with that.

That Queen's guitarist - really inspired me. So what if I'm reaching towards my 6th year - he got it after 36 year man!

ManaL said...

Rad,

No...it's not a stressing issue but it makes ur life a pathetic drag. Believe u me, i aint that bothered by it but if I was made the worrying object of quite a few people around me, wouldnt it be doing your head in? Esp a sort of nice looking girl like me? Not that i am masuk bakul angkat sendiri but those people would perli differently if ur not so pretty and an old maid. These people made me look like a major threat to their marital affair too, u know. Because amazingly, i didnt make much of an effort for these lads to slowly making their way towards me. As conscience as i am, no matter how friendly i am naturally, I'll always have to make excuses out of respect to their partners/spouses to slowly moving away from those men.

So tell me rad, saper yg bersalah here, me or their beloved hubbies? If i act too cold and berat mulut, they'd say i m such a sourpuss and prolly so jeles at them, but if i get lighten up in my usual moods, i'm sending a worrying signal to those poor insecure ones. Some even making a "compelling" remark urging me to get married lest i make more people anxious. How boring.


Rad, u know u can do it. It sure takes more than half of your daily routine and it can be quite exhausting. Even though the root is bitter, the fruit (as in the reward) taste ever so sweet!

Unknown said...

manal...:)

bravo!!! i too a non comformist...and i have people who critic the way i raise my children, the fact that I tokkok with my sons and daughter...and chat with them for hours...people tried to tell me to be an "old" man and not behave like kids myself....hahahahha
what a laugh!
ptuihhhhhh also to those who pretends and acts like holier than thou ...

live ur life the way u want it to be girl....it is urs, and urs alone.
do one else has the permision or invited to contribute to write the script...kan kan..
ni, abg idham puin naik geram nie...ada ka dok kacau manal...!!

but but, jom kita sama cool...makan hagaan daaz sama hajjah esah tu..

Time for malaysian, especially malays to Memerdekakan diri dan minda dari jajahan hasad dengki dan busuk hati.

Love you for what u wrote girl!

idham

terrarosa said...

the perfect post for my situation these days....
you don't know me at all... but i find that ... dis post is like a part of my diary...
haa..ha..ha...
for the extra note !
hati2 gan lelaki yg bininya baru bersalin atau tunggu due...
Totally in da Mess...

D.N.A.S said...

Enjoy your freedom, sis!

Add on to terrarosa's comment: Hati2 jugak dengan lelaki yg bininya pegi further study kat overseas.
Hihihihi.

Mel Ija said...

Hi Manal,

Wow, I must say, you seemed really mad. Well whatever it is, you're entitled to your own opinion and if you're happy or is OK with the way things are for you at the moment, then just live life to the fullest. After all, we only live once. The next life we live will be a totally different one.

Unknown said...

Happy Merdeka. That goes more for our mindset.

NorAiniJ said...

Hang in there Manal. I can feel you, I am in a similar though not exactly the same predicament. I just make it clear to those intrusive characters that it's my life not theirs, and I am entitled to live the way I like it.

ManaL said...

Abang Idham,

And that is why i rather work hard to achieve more success/good things in life rather than being the "prime target" of not just smug married people but lupa nak include, smug (unmarried yet) couples who also happened to be insecure with their own union foundations. I memang salute to any couples who reti jaga hati and perasaan sesama kawan2 and kawan2 pon knows the boundaries. Me and my boyfriend (when i was in london) did the same thing and we let each other free to move and mingle around and we ourselves respect our own freedom without triggering any suspicious act.

It's because manusia like them that i had to be and act a bit conscious in the middle of a party/function. Kalau nak buat jahat boleh jer kan, little bit scandalous and bang!, their relationship gonna be out of order. But I am still with sense and sensibility and I cant be arsed to mess their lives (though some damages can be done indirectly like doa orang2 yang teraniaya, isnt abg idham? or if i am accussed with false charges, then silap besar la they sure gonna get wot they deserve!)

Merdeka to u too, all in the goodwill!

ManaL said...

Dear Terrarosa,

No worries, more than half of the bloggers i frequent or vice versa are those that i didnt know in real life and some of them i've met already or old friends or they knew me through some mutual friends. This blogosphere makes us less of a familiar stranger yet we can be friendlier than ever.

I guess cases like us needs or yearns for some shouts eh? otherwise they would take us for granted or we r like giving them free license to make more assumptions whichever they see fit.

ManaL said...

D.n.a.s,

Thanks sis for the comfort and those warnings!

I'll probably blog on my experience with men of various backgrounds, races, creed, educations including single, married, divorcees and so on later. All that doesnt make me the pundit to all the male predicaments/habits/behaviours but nonetheless it wises me up.

ManaL said...

Mel Ija,

And that also applies to them smug married people who would in their defense to be entitled to act according to what they feel towards other people without any care wotsoever?

Yup, Ija, thanks, living life to the fullest without much care of the society could also be unhealthy too...so i had to be steps ahead to keep my self cool during the social interaction. Good thing i learn the beauty of being discreet.......otherwise, i am so busan or so not gonna attend those wedding reception, party birthday anak2 kawan kita, kenduri sedara mara and so on.

ManaL said...

the bling bling lady, kak ruby,

Likewise kak ruby, likewise. A doa and hope for the better, inshallah.

ManaL said...

NJ ,

Thanks, NJ. These people add colours to our life kan? not the happy tones/shades laa, the darker, gloomier ones but heck, without them, we probably wont be self-reflecting on ourselves and how to be a better person to ourselves and people around us. At least i know i am still having a lucrative saham beb!

Kipas Repair JB said...

Manal,

aku no comment...but I wish you best of luck in what ever you're doing....Ameennn....

ManaL said...

Zaki,

Ameen.